My masters in Advance Computer Science
In my Masters I was passionate in investigating the information loss that occurs in interactive visualisations over time, as the result of user decisions and interactions. Using the MVC design pattern and state-based systems to understand how visualising temporal data results into information loss.
In the process of the Masters I:
- Used iPython Notebooks for cleaning and manipulating the data using Pandas library.
- Visualised data with R and D3 to understand where the user interactions lead to information loss.
- Investigated the use of user clustering and data masking as information loss issues.
During that time period I was also Teaching Assistant for the Undergraduate courses of: Java, Distributed Systems, Software Engineering and Agile Development.
As a Teaching Assistant I:
- Managed and resolved student complaints and objections relating to the marking they received by my fellow teaching assistants, always ensuring to be helpful and calm.
- Trained new teaching assistants in the facilitation of student queries and coursework marking.
- reinforcted learning concepts, such as Java and SQL, taught by lecturers to undergraduate students.
- was promoted to Lab Supervisor in the course of Distributed Computing due to my calm composure and effective performance during stressful student workshop situations.